Ban All Nuclear Weapons Campaign
An End War Committee Campaign
TAKE ACTION TODAY!
The United Nations (UN) General Assembly voted overwhelmingly in Oct 2016 towards “..taking forward multilateral nuclear disarmament [treaty] negotiations [in 2017] for the achievement and maintenance of a world without nuclear weapons..." Treaty negotiations to ban all nuclear weapons will begin in March 2017 – and hopefully will be finalized by the end of 2017. So far, 127 nations support the ban on nuclear weapons. WAMM supports both national and international groups such as the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN). We believe that the time to Ban All Nuclear Weapons is NOW!!!
BAN ALL NUCLEAR WEAPONS - GOALS
- 2,000 postcards sent to each senator by August 1st, 2017
- To have one MN U.S. Senator and three MN U.S. House member to PUBLICLY support the UN Ban on Nuclear Weapons
- Gather over 5,000 signatures on our petition – to be sent to all federal reps. of MN
- Organize round-table discussions on nuclear weapons: church groups, community organization, interested parties
- Educate 5,000 Minnesotans about the real threat of nuclear war
- To have both mayors of Minneapolis and St. Paul issue a statement of support for the ban on nuclear weapons
BAN ALL NUCLEAR WEAPONS - ACTIONS
- Sign our petition
- Write a letter to the editor of your paper
- Sign a post card
- Join our End War committee to coordinate meeting with our state reps
- Organize a round-table OR host a round-table with your group
- Join our End War Committee to coordinate meetings with our cities Mayors
- Educate yourself and others about the costs of nuclear war
Click on the corresponding links for our resource materials.