Second Monday Movie Committee
April Movie - Scarred Lands and Wounded Lives
Monday, April 9 @ 7pm @ 4200 Cedar Ave. S. Minneapolis
Scarred Lands and Wounded Lives is a compelling documentary exploring the under-reported environmental impacts of war and preparations for war. The film confronts the immensely broad ecological and human ramifications of everything from technological development and natural resource exhaustion to weapons testing and modern warfare itself.
Ecosystems around the world are in distress from forces of humanity’s own making: increasing population, unsustainable demands on natural resources, habitat and species loss, and climate change. One of the most destructive of human behaviors – war – is not commonly included as a contributor to the growing global environmental crisis.
Yet, in all its stages, from the production of weapons through combat, military operations pollute land, air, and water, destroy entire ecosystems, and drain limited natural resources.
Using archival material from the Civil War through more recent wars, along with expert testimony and eyewitness accounts, the film clearly presents the environmental and human cost of combat, and argues for public scrutiny of the ecological and human impact of war as essential to a more sustainable – and secure – world.
Connecting the dots...Forum, film, discussion.
Always FREE and open to the public.
ALL ARE WELCOME! Free popcorn.
The Second Monday Movie committee meets virtually via e-mail.
BE A WAMM MOVIE COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER!
JOIN US as we bring cutting edge and informative movies to WAMM Second Monday Movies.
Here are some things Movie Committee volunteers do.
- Some fun things
- Help choose the movies WAMM for Second Monday Movie Nights.
- Get to see movies not usually seen in movie theaters or on television.
- Meet like-minded interesting people with new perspectives during discussions on movie night.
- Help introduce movies and lead a discussion.
- Some PR things
- Help with PR by leafleting at events you attend and talking to people about the movie of the month to your friends and others who may be interested.
- Share on your social media and email
- Some technical things
- Help set up the projector and sound system on movie nights.
- Help make popcorn (with our machine it becomes technical!)
- Some practical things
- Help set up and clean up the room on movie night.
- Monitor and control the lights on movie night.
Not able to make a long term commitment? We are always looking for one-night only help as well!
Contact the WAMM office for more information - 612-827-5364